It’s already a tradition in Aether to welcome you with local handmade delights…But there is also a liqueur that we use to prepare all these years and the taste is unforgettable…a sweet fine flowerless taste… Very often you ask me for the recipe…It is super easy as the only ingredient you need is a plant in your garden (alternatively, you could find in a flower market- or you could ask a friend of yours to give you some leaves)
50 fresh green leaves of sweet scented geranium
- We wash the leaves very well under cold water, we drain and we dry them with paper towel.
- Place them in a big jar with a metallic lid.
- Add sugar and votka without mixing.
- Rest the jar in a dark and cool place for 40 to 50 days.
- Every day shake without mixing.
- When sugar melts we remove the leaves and strain into a coffee filter.
- We place it in our favorite liqueur bottle and store in the fridge.
We serve it cold… and we say…stin igia sas!
Always for you,